?

Log in

Zeeter's

Hang out, Have fun


March 21st, 2009

(no subject) @ 02:55 am

darwinsparadise:
((Continuing from here))

Lumine gives Jubal a blank look for a moment as they approach the building. He has no idea why that question would be relevant. "Normally, I would rest for a while if there was time. Otherwise there are several options if I needed to recharge, from the e-tanks the earlier Robot Masters were designed to use, to utilizing any available organic materials."
 
Share  |  |

Comments

 
[User Picture Icon]
From:mancalledjubes
Date:March 22nd, 2009 07:18 pm (UTC)
(Link)
"Okay. I'll buy us some drinks for while we talk. You want Jolt?" The tall young looks to be human gives him a grin.
[User Picture Icon]
From:darwinsparadise
Date:March 23rd, 2009 03:43 am (UTC)
(Link)
Lumine catches himself watching for any electrical-based weaponry in the area before realizing the word might reference a drink. "No, thank you." He's not comfortable drinking unfamiliar substances, and anything that's named after being electrocuted couldn't be pleasant. "Do they have water?"
[User Picture Icon]
From:mancalledjubes
Date:March 23rd, 2009 08:36 pm (UTC)
(Link)
"Yeah. More than one kind." Jubal flops down in a booth near the door and then sprawls comfortably.
[User Picture Icon]
From:darwinsparadise
Date:March 24th, 2009 07:07 am (UTC)
(Link)
More than one kind of water... Lumine suspected this sort of thing might give him a headache, if it were possible. "Are drinks necessary? I do not require anything at this time."

He's really not comfortable with being social.
[User Picture Icon]
From:mancalledjubes
Date:March 24th, 2009 08:31 pm (UTC)
(Link)
"Well, it's kind of payment to the guys who own Zeeter's for using their space. But if you don't want anything it's cool." Jubal shrugs and grins.
[User Picture Icon]
From:darwinsparadise
Date:March 25th, 2009 06:11 am (UTC)
(Link)
"Ah. Well, is there some sort of list so that I could see if they have something I recognize. I'm not particularly fond of ingesting unfamiliar substances."
[User Picture Icon]
From:mancalledjubes
Date:March 25th, 2009 07:26 am (UTC)
(Link)
"Yup. Right there." The Herald points to the blackboard behind the bar, his grin widening slightly.
[User Picture Icon]
From:darwinsparadise
Date:March 25th, 2009 07:44 am (UTC)
(Link)
Lumine looks, and is relieved to see that they do have ordinary water. He'll mention his preference to Jubal.
[User Picture Icon]
From:mancalledjubes
Date:March 25th, 2009 05:27 pm (UTC)
(Link)
A cheerful nod, and then he looks toward the counter. Somebody brings over a sealed bottle of water and another of Jolt, then jokes with Jubal a bit before going back to their place.

"There you go, buddy." Jubal pushes the water toward him, then takes the top off the pop and has a long pull at the noxious brew.
[User Picture Icon]
From:darwinsparadise
Date:March 25th, 2009 06:08 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Lumine sips at his drink and glances around the room. Though there's no outward indication, he's running a light scan of the area as well, to make certain there aren't any hostiles. There's one of the Maverick Hunters in particular who can render himself invisible, and Lumine is well aware there are other ways to go unnoticed.

"How much do you know of the question I asked previously?"
[User Picture Icon]
From:mancalledjubes
Date:March 25th, 2009 06:46 pm (UTC)
(Link)
"Don't worry," says Jubal as he sets his bottle down. "No unfriendlies can come in here. And mostly that another member of the Network wasn't sure how to answer it, but thought it was important enough to need an answer."
[User Picture Icon]
From:darwinsparadise
Date:March 26th, 2009 07:15 am (UTC)
(Link)
Lumine finds himself toying with the water glass a bit as he thinks of just how to phrase things.

"I have sufficient reason to believe that one or more persons in my universe of origin, as yet unidentified, are trying to seize control of the world government through various methods including political assassination. From what I can determine of this person or persons, such a change in control would be far from beneficial for my species."
[User Picture Icon]
From:mancalledjubes
Date:March 26th, 2009 06:15 pm (UTC)
(Link)
"That story." Jubal's smile fades. "What've you done so far?"
[User Picture Icon]
From:darwinsparadise
Date:March 27th, 2009 05:29 am (UTC)
(Link)
"For the most part my actions are currently limited to making certain no one suspects I've heard more than I should. Otherwise I would likely have my memories altered or possibly be replaced. Neither one is an option I find pleasant."

"I did manage to contact some of the Robot Masters that live here, and give them some warning about the matter. Whether or not they'll be able to do anything about it, I have my doubts. Robot Masters are very outdated. I'm surprised they can hold their own against the Maverick Hunters as often as I've heard. I suppose it can be credited to strategy and experience."

"Other than that, I have been trying to trace the origin of the problem. But that has not been easy, and I have to be careful." Lumine isn't certain yet just who his orders come from, but he has narrowed it down to a person or persons in the Arcadia area.
[User Picture Icon]
From:mancalledjubes
Date:March 27th, 2009 07:29 pm (UTC)
(Link)
"They may be out dated, but they've got allies, too." Jubal turns his bottle thoughtfully, his brows furrowed slightly as he thinks over the problems the young mech has stated. "I know people who could give you an undetectable and untouchable memory backup."

More thoughtful frowning. "You think this problem source might be human?"
[User Picture Icon]
From:darwinsparadise
Date:March 28th, 2009 08:53 am (UTC)
(Link)
Lumine inwardly bristles slightly at the first suggestion. "Which would mean allowing someone access to my memories in the first place. It's not a solution I am comfortable with."

"It would he highly unlikely for them to be anything else."
[User Picture Icon]
From:mancalledjubes
Date:March 28th, 2009 09:09 pm (UTC)
(Link)
"Actually, it doesn't have to. There are systems you can fill yourself." Jubal nods thoughtfully. "Would you be comfortable with having help to look for them? No one would be able to detect it."
[User Picture Icon]
From:darwinsparadise
Date:March 28th, 2009 09:33 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Lumine shakes his head. "No. I can't take the risk that it would be incompatible with my design." He had the horrid thought of being caught because he couldn't change form due to the addition of an alien component.

"On the whole, while the risk is there, it's not a matter that causes me much concern. I would be able to make myself very hard to find if I were in any immediate danger. But having to do so would eliminate any chances of finding the source of the larger problem."
[User Picture Icon]
From:mancalledjubes
Date:March 28th, 2009 09:44 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Jubal nods. "So if you could ask for any kind of backup you wanted, what would it be?"
[User Picture Icon]
From:darwinsparadise
Date:March 29th, 2009 09:51 am (UTC)
(Link)
"I really have no idea. The situation has changed somewhat since I spoke to your associate. At that time, I was uncertain what course of action to pursue regarding certain things I had overheard."

"Since then, further data has made it clear as to what needs to be done. The source of the problem must be identified and neutralized. I don't know of any outside assistance that would not actually be a hindrance in this."
[User Picture Icon]
From:mancalledjubes
Date:March 29th, 2009 06:31 pm (UTC)
(Link)
"You've never met a strong telepath, then," notes Jubal. "But it's your world and your call."
[User Picture Icon]
From:darwinsparadise
Date:March 29th, 2009 08:31 pm (UTC)
(Link)
"No, I haven't. The fire lizards are disconcerting enough." Lumine, it seems, has a mild phobia of anything prying into his thoughts.

"I apologize for having taken your time with this. When I met your associate, I only knew a few details of the situation. As it stands now, I doubt anyone can help me in any way that wouldn't leave the underlying problem unresolved."

He takes another sip of water, and frowns slightly. "Actually, I can think of one thing..."
[User Picture Icon]
From:mancalledjubes
Date:March 29th, 2009 08:47 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Jubal lifts his eyebrows quizzically as he downs another long pull from his pop bottle.
[User Picture Icon]
From:darwinsparadise
Date:March 30th, 2009 03:36 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Lumine considers his words carefully, and even then it might be obvious it's a topic he dislikes speaking about. "I mentioned assassinations earlier..."

He's silent for a moment again, toying with the glass. It's hard to find a way to say what he means without directly bringing up his involvement, and he's finding he has some kind of deep-seated aversion to doing so.

"If those targeted were to survive, or to simply vanish, it would make the person I am trying to trace suspicious. And, therefore, that much more difficult to locate. However, I disagree with some of the targets... Do you know of some way to interfere in that without causing suspicion?"



[User Picture Icon]
From:mancalledjubes
Date:March 30th, 2009 11:35 pm (UTC)
(Link)
"Yup." The lanky former human nods. "My boss can pull that off without breaking a sweat."
[User Picture Icon]
From:darwinsparadise
Date:March 31st, 2009 12:32 pm (UTC)
(Link)
"Could they? While still making it look as if they were killed?" Lumine is a little skeptical. It is a tricky problem, after all.
[User Picture Icon]
From:mancalledjubes
Date:March 31st, 2009 07:17 pm (UTC)
(Link)
"He's done it before." More nodding.
[User Picture Icon]
From:darwinsparadise
Date:March 31st, 2009 09:39 pm (UTC)
(Link)
"How?" Making them vanish from the universe was easy, given the Nexus. Making certain they wouldn't return was harder. And that wasn't even touching on the necessity of providing ample forensic evidence to 'prove' they were dead.
[User Picture Icon]
From:mancalledjubes
Date:March 31st, 2009 10:20 pm (UTC)
(Link)
"He's got his ways. And the Network. I don't know everything, but I know it's been done."
[User Picture Icon]
From:darwinsparadise
Date:April 1st, 2009 07:27 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Lumine is still doubtful, being from a time that can run DNA matches and such. "And what information would they need to do this?"
[User Picture Icon]
From:mancalledjubes
Date:April 1st, 2009 07:31 pm (UTC)
(Link)
"Their names. Pictures maybe. Mostly your promise you won't be squealing on our people."
[User Picture Icon]
From:darwinsparadise
Date:April 2nd, 2009 08:27 pm (UTC)
(Link)
"Revealing anything of the sort would be counterproductive. If my actions here were known, I would be reprogrammed or possibly replaced. As for names and images, that would be easy enough. I have a way to access the assassin's orders as they are sent." Mostly because they're being sent to him.
[User Picture Icon]
From:mancalledjubes
Date:April 2nd, 2009 09:31 pm (UTC)
(Link)
"Good deal." Jubal nods, and then focuses elsewhere for a moment. "Charlie whats to know how you'd like to send them."
[User Picture Icon]
From:darwinsparadise
Date:April 3rd, 2009 06:29 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Lumine has to think about that. "Various communications from my own world might be intercepted. It might be best for security reasons if I were to bring the files here and meet with someone."
[User Picture Icon]
From:mancalledjubes
Date:April 3rd, 2009 11:42 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Jubal nods. "There're a lot of the Network here."
[User Picture Icon]
From:darwinsparadise
Date:April 4th, 2009 01:38 am (UTC)
(Link)
"And it would avoid the inconvenience of having to ask random questions, as well."
[User Picture Icon]
From:mancalledjubes
Date:April 4th, 2009 01:42 am (UTC)
(Link)
"Yeah. That too. Charlie says you can give it to the dishwasher here." Jubal looks toward the kitchen curiously, wondering who's back there besides RJ.
[User Picture Icon]
From:darwinsparadise
Date:April 4th, 2009 01:50 am (UTC)
(Link)
"That should work."
[User Picture Icon]
From:mancalledjubes
Date:April 4th, 2009 01:53 am (UTC)
(Link)
"Sweet." Jubal's grin returns, and then he blinks as he catches sight of the dishwasher. "Oh, I didn't know we had a Sephirvoth. Cool."
[User Picture Icon]
From:darwinsparadise
Date:April 4th, 2009 05:07 pm (UTC)
(Link)
"A what?"
[User Picture Icon]
From:mancalledjubes
Date:April 4th, 2009 10:58 pm (UTC)
(Link)
"See the white-haired woman with the green cat eyes in the kitchen there?"
[User Picture Icon]
From:darwinsparadise
Date:April 5th, 2009 02:09 am (UTC)
(Link)
"Yes."
[User Picture Icon]
From:mancalledjubes
Date:April 5th, 2009 06:12 pm (UTC)
(Link)
"That's a Sephiroth. But Charlie says she goes by Elijah now. She's also your contact."


((*sheepish*))
[User Picture Icon]
From:darwinsparadise
Date:April 5th, 2009 07:40 pm (UTC)
(Link)
"Noted."
[User Picture Icon]
From:mancalledjubes
Date:April 5th, 2009 07:42 pm (UTC)
(Link)
"So yeah, anyway. Is there anything else we have to talk about?" Jubal finishes his drink and gives the young mech a quizzical look that's devoid of impatience.
[User Picture Icon]
From:darwinsparadise
Date:April 6th, 2009 12:26 am (UTC)
(Link)
Lumine shakes his head slightly. There's nothing else that he knows of, at least not for now.
[User Picture Icon]
From:mancalledjubes
Date:April 6th, 2009 12:28 am (UTC)
(Link)
"Okay." The blue eyed Herald grins at him and gets up. "Then I better go get my daughter off the roof again. It was nice talking to you, Lumine."
[User Picture Icon]
From:darwinsparadise
Date:April 6th, 2009 12:30 am (UTC)
(Link)
"Likewise."

He'll sit here and finish drinking the water before going back, noting that he might have to make some decisions about possible human foods to try if he intends to return here often.

Zeeter's

Hang out, Have fun